by Peter van der Graaf Attracting a lot of attention with your website is one of the best ways to build links. Giving your website an active role in current events is a lot more efficient than creating the media attention from scratch. Here’s how you prepare your website for future events so you can attract links with your prompt response.
Pick up on Existing Attention
By focusing on events bound to happen but without a fixed date, you can outsmart the competition. Prepare an early response to one of the following examples.
- Each year has its extreme weather and natural disasters somewhere on the globe. Charity initiatives with a lot of media attention are sure to follow.
- Scandals in politics or involving celebrities happen each month. Funny responses get a lot of attention.
- Elections come in many forms and at least once every four years they get an extreme amount on attention.
- Famous people die. An ode to their work gets media attention. Eulogies are often pre-written, so why shouldn’t you prepare?
- Movie premieres, electronics introductions, game launches, new albums, and concert tours all require a lot of attention and some of them are bound to get it. Help them with a message that boosts both your popularities and they might even cooperate.