WordPress is currently the most popular website development and content management system. 26.4% or 74.6 million websites are built on WordPress. WordPress has a content management system market share of 59.5%.
The key advantages of WordPress are:
- WordPress is the leading website development/ CMS platform. WordPress is widely supported by the website development community.
- WordPress.org is a free open source php/mySQL based application. There are no setup or monthly fees required.
- Custom graphic designs as well as customizations to features and functionality can be implemented pretty easily.
- Close to 30,000 plugins are available to add any imaginable feature and functionality to a WordPress installation
- Plugins can also be customized to meet unique needs